Saturday, December 6, 2008

Make a Start

Picture one of those cartoon bubbles over my head with the following text...
"Hmmm. How to start...Blame it on Charleen, I guess."

I am one of those Americans who should have been born somewhere in Britain. If you were to visit my home, you would think a mad Anglophile lives there. You would be right.

Naturally one has friends who feel the same. One of those dear friends is Charleen. She was in England recently and while on a bus wrote a note to herself that I should set up a blog listing films and books about British Monarchs. That's not as weird as it sounds. Well, okay, it IS as weird as it sounds, but it makes sense if you know us. I'm a freakish Librarian with a head full of British history trivia, and I eat films and books on British history like a teething toddler eats Cheerios.

A blog sounded like fun, so here you are, Charleen. I'll start putting the fun stuff up in the next post...Hmm.....where will I start? I think It'll be with one of the Plantagenets. Do you know who I'm talking about??

No comments: